In today’s digital banking environment, your financial institution needs a highly adaptive, integrated and scalable system to rapidly deploy new platforms, features, and updates. Your financial institution faces the challenge of integrating your diverse systems in a way that enables you to remain agile and scale up as you grow. Interconnectivity has never been more important – having an integration platform, such as MuleSoft, to seamlessly connects your critical systems is now a prerequisite for remaining competitive. An integration platform alone, without robust DevOps processes and tools, is an incomplete solution. Is your financial institution leveraging a CI/CD pipeline to seamlessly design, develop, test and deploy?
What is a CI/CD Pipeline and why is it important for your financial institution?
CI/CD is the core of modern software development, and a critical practice for your bank or credit union’s DevOps practice to implement into your software development lifecycle (SDLC). Specifically, a CI/CD pipeline is a series of steps that software code undergoes from development to deployment. Here’s a straightforward breakdown:
- Continuous Integration (CI): This is the practice of automating the integration of code changes from multiple contributors into a single software project. It involves automatically testing each change to ensure it doesn’t break the software.
- Continuous Deployment (CD): This extends CI by automatically releasing every code change to the production environment after the build stage. It ensures that new features and updates are delivered to your customers quickly and efficiently.
Why CI/CD Matters for Financial Institutions
- Rapid Response to Market and Customer Needs: a CI/CD pipeline enables your DevOps team to quickly implement and deploy new features and services, keeping you ahead of the curve.
- Enhanced Quality and Reliability: CI/CD helps you identify and remedy bugs earlier, leading to a more stable and reliable service offering for your customers.
- Increased Operational Efficiency: CI/CD reduces manual intervention, streamlines processes, and cuts down on errors and delays, thereby boosting operational efficiency.
- Improved Compliance and Security: CI/CD pipelines facilitate consistent and secure management of code and deployments, adhering to regulatory standards.
- Customer Satisfaction and Trust: By delivering high-quality services rapidly and reliably, a CI/CD pipeline directly contributes to increased customer/member satisfaction and trust, which are vital currencies in the financial sector.
Building a robust CI/CD pipeline around MuleSoft
Integrations are vital for delivering the connected, digital experiences that your customers / members expect. MuleSoft is not just an advanced integration platform, it is a catalyst for seamlessly connecting all of your different platforms together and developing a 360 customer view to deliver exceptional digital experiences. By facilitating the seamless flow of data and processes across different systems, MuleSoft is an essential platform for automating and streamlining your CI/CD pipeline. In your CI/CD pipeline, we work with you to set up MuleSoft to manage your APIs and integrations. These Mule APIs are then automatically deployed to various environments (development, testing, production) as part of the continuous deployment (CD) process.
Accutive FinTech’s integration specialists, certified in MuleSoft, work with your internal teams to establish a seamless CI/CD pipeline that is customized to your needs. Our approach, tailored to your preferred platforms, integrates powerful tools like GitHub, Maven, JUnit, MUnit, Jira and ServiceNow into your MuleSoft practice to automate and optimize.
A Suite of Tailored Tools for Your MuleSoft Practice
- Collaborative Code Management and Version Control with GitHub
- Role in CI/CD: GitHub is used for source code management. It allows multiple developers to work on the same codebase, managing changes and ensuring that your integration process is smooth and transparent.
- Implementation: Your developers commit their MuleSoft application code to GitHub repositories. This triggers the CI process, where your latest code changes are automatically pulled and integrated for further actions in the pipeline.
- Efficient Build and Dependency Management with Maven
- Role in CI/CD: Maven automates the build process for MuleSoft applications. It manages your project dependencies and ensures that the build process is consistent and reproducible.
- Implementation: When a commit is made to a GitHub repository, Maven is used to build the MuleSoft application, handling any dependencies and preparing your application for testing and deployment.
- Reliable Testing with JUnit and MUnit
- Role in CI/CD: JUnit and MUnit are crucial for automating your testing phase. JUnit is used for unit testing Java applications, whereas MUnit is specifically tailored for testing MuleSoft applications.
- Implementation: After the application is built by Maven, automated tests are run using JUnit and MUnit. This ensures that any new changes do not break existing functionality and meet your required quality standards.
- Streamlined Workflow Management with JIRA/ServiceNow
- Role in CI/CD: JIRA and ServiceNow are used for optimized issue tracking and managing tasks, bugs, and service requests throughout the development lifecycle. They also manage delivery of your user stories, tasks, improvements and bug fixes.
- Implementation: Integration with JIRA or ServiceNow allows for tracking the progress of development tasks, managing issues that arise during testing, and ensuring that all parts of the CI/CD pipeline are aligned with project goals and timelines.
Delivering Continuous Integration
Accutive FinTech’s certified MuleSoft experts seamlessly integrate these powerful CI/CD tools into your MuleSoft practice, empowering your financial institution to rapidly respond to market and customer needs. In addition to providing the technical expertise to set up your CI/CD pipeline with MuleSoft, our experts work to optimize your operational and SDLC processes. This holistic approach enhances the quality and reliability of your integrations and code, thereby enhancing your operational efficiency, compliance, and security. Most importantly, the enhanced customer experience on your digital platforms will boost customer / member satisfaction and retention.
Accutive FinTech’s goal is to partner with you to build a technology ecosystem that extends beyond integration to drive innovation and customer-centric growth across your organization.
Why partner with Accutive FinTech?
- Quality First Approach: We consistently deliver high quality, low defect work so that you can have the confidence to launch on time, and on budget.
- Banking Integration Experts since 2009: Our deep understanding of financial services nuances enables us to create CI/CD solutions that align with your unique needs and goals.
- Certified Onshore Resources: Our team of certified MuleSoft experts are not just technologists; they are partners in your success, experienced in optimizing processes.
- Extending your team: We hate it when consultants operate in silos apart from internal teams, and leave their clients without any lasting knowledge or improved processes. At Accutive FinTech, we work as an extension of our client’s internal teams, building enhanced knowledge and processes into your organization.
- Customized solutions: We know every financial institution is unique. Our experts design CI/CD pipelines that are as unique as your customers, ensuring solutions that truly resonate with your operational objectives and customer service ethos.